Online powerhouse Mashable delves deep and wide into our College March, which has become a growing, nationwide ritual that celebrates the perseverance of seniors as they navigate their college readiness and application process.
- 100% of clients surveyed in 2014 said they would hire us again..
- Our programs are highly regarded for their quality & customization.
- Our programs provide students with safe, inclusive & supportive learning environments.
Our Adventure and Team Building programs draw upon Outward Bound’s 70-year history worldwide of helping young people discover that they are capable of accomplishing far more than they ever thought possible, individually and collectively. They also reflect our nearly quarter century of experience in working with young people from schools and youth-serving organizations in New York City.
Our programs are renowned for their quality and customization. Our intake staff are experts in selecting and designing program activities that are aligned to client goals and needs. Our instructional staff are highly skilled in delivering safe programs that result in learning and personal growth for all participants. They are particularly skilled in helping participants understand how the lessons learned through our programs can be applied to their everyday lives. In short, our programs have a time-earned reputation for excellence, for safety, and for achieving the results our clients are seeking.
It is no wonder, then, that 100% of our 2011 clients said that they would hire us again, or that 100% of our current clients answered "definitely" to the statement "Our program met their specific goals and needs."
Here is what some of our clients have to say:
- “Going with [NYC] Outward Bound [Schools] is a no-brainer. They have a higher ratio of instructor-to-students than others, and spend more time preparing the program for us.”
- "I would like to say that NYC Outward Bound [Schools] offers a phenomenal program that provides students and staff an opportunity to challenge themselves, develop relationships with others, practice the skills of empathy and support, set goals and develop character traits that will hopefully stay with them througout the years."
- “I love working with them and I am a very loyal customer.”
- “Their staff is very qualified, patient and positive. They are great role models to our kids.”
- “Their staff is very responsive and receptive… and really good at assessing the qualities of each group.”
- "I was especially impressed with how patient (the instructors) were with the students and how engaging they were. They treated the kids with respect and made everything really clear and we all had lots of fun. They were wonderful overall and gave the kids a lot to think about and reflect on back at school.
- “[NYC] Outward Bound is more expensive than others, but I know I’m paying for the expertise of the staff and a very meaningful experience.”
- “The creativity put to work for this program is priceless.”
Mashable Captures Growing Spirit of College March December 13, 2015
Roger Clark's Extensive College March Coverage December 12, 2015
NY1's morning show host Roger Clark spent his day at our school Brooklyn Collaborative (BCS), where he hosted two live segments - one with students from BCS and Leaders, as well as our President Richard Stopol; and a second with students from BCS & MELS as well as BCS Principal Scill Chan. After filming the morning segments, he continued to follow the day's events and compiled them into a full segment, which ran throughout the day.
Ed Week Celebrates College March December 11, 2015
Education Week's Learning Deeply series devoted an entire week of blogs to the topic of college success, and to the College March. The blogs were penned by educators from across the EL Education networks. EL Education is our partner in teaching.