Chancellor Carmen Farina paid a visit to our Leadership Cohort, which regularly brings together the principals from across our school network for the sharing of best practices, collective troubleshooting of problems, planning, and leadership development. Our principals engaged in a lively Q&A with the new Chancellor.
- 100% of clients surveyed in 2011 said they would hire us again..
- Our programs are highly regarded for their quality & customization.
- Our programs provide students with safe, inclusive & supportive learning environments.
Our Adventure and Team Building programs draw upon Outward Bound’s 70-year history worldwide of helping young people discover that they are capable of accomplishing far more than they ever thought possible, individually and collectively. They also reflect our nearly quarter century of experience in working with young people from schools and youth-serving organizations in New York City.
Our programs are renowned for their quality and customization. Our intake staff are experts in selecting and designing program activities that are aligned to client goals and needs. Our instructional staff are highly skilled in delivering safe programs that result in learning and personal growth for all participants. They are particularly skilled in helping participants understand how the lessons learned through our programs can be applied to their everyday lives. In short, our programs have a time-earned reputation for excellence, for safety, and for achieving the results our clients are seeking.
It is no wonder, then, that 100% of our 2011 clients said that they would hire us again, or that 100% of our current clients answered "definitely" to the statement "Our program met their specific goals and needs."
Here is what some of our clients have to say:
- “Going with [NYC] Outward Bound [Schools] is a no-brainer. They have a higher ratio of instructor-to-students than others, and spend more time preparing the program for us.”
- "I would like to say that NYC Outward Bound [Schools] offers a phenomenal program that provides students and staff an opportunity to challenge themselves, develop relationships with others, practice the skills of empathy and support, set goals and develop character traits that will hopefully stay with them througout the years."
- “I love working with them and I am a very loyal customer.”
- “Their staff is very qualified, patient and positive. They are great role models to our kids.”
- “Their staff is very responsive and receptive… and really good at assessing the qualities of each group.”
- "I was especially impressed with how patient (the instructors) were with the students and how engaging they were. They treated the kids with respect and made everything really clear and we all had lots of fun. They were wonderful overall and gave the kids a lot to think about and reflect on back at school.
- “[NYC] Outward Bound is more expensive than others, but I know I’m paying for the expertise of the staff and a very meaningful experience.”
- “The creativity put to work for this program is priceless.”
Chancellor Farina Visits Our Principal Cohort March 13, 2014
Time Warner's It Ain't Rocket Science Features Metropolitan Students March 3, 2014
Time Warner's new show It Ain't Rocket Science focuses on pioneering STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) programs happening in our nation's schools. Episode 18 features 7th graders from our Metropolitan Expeditionary Learning School working with mechanical engineering students from the Cooper Union on a learning expedition about the role, history and power of engines in our lives.
TruthAtlas Profiles President Richard Stopol & Our Work February 17, 2014
TruthAtlas.com profiles our President & CEO Richard Stopol, as well as our organization's history, impact and future plans of continuing to effect positive and lasting change on the lives of New York City's young people and their public schools.