The New York Daily News published its list of the City's top 60 high schools, and our Washington Heights Expeditionary Learning School was in the top 1/3 of schools named at #20.
- 100% of clients surveyed in 2011 said they would hire us again..
- Our programs are highly regarded for their quality & customization.
- Our programs provide students with safe, inclusive & supportive learning environments.
Our Adventure and Team Building programs draw upon Outward Bound’s 70-year history worldwide of helping young people discover that they are capable of accomplishing far more than they ever thought possible, individually and collectively. They also reflect our nearly quarter century of experience in working with young people from schools and youth-serving organizations in New York City.
Our programs are renowned for their quality and customization. Our intake staff are experts in selecting and designing program activities that are aligned to client goals and needs. Our instructional staff are highly skilled in delivering safe programs that result in learning and personal growth for all participants. They are particularly skilled in helping participants understand how the lessons learned through our programs can be applied to their everyday lives. In short, our programs have a time-earned reputation for excellence, for safety, and for achieving the results our clients are seeking.
It is no wonder, then, that 100% of our 2011 clients said that they would hire us again, or that 100% of our current clients answered "definitely" to the statement "Our program met their specific goals and needs."
Here is what some of our clients have to say:
- “Going with [NYC] Outward Bound [Schools] is a no-brainer. They have a higher ratio of instructor-to-students than others, and spend more time preparing the program for us.”
- "I would like to say that NYC Outward Bound [Schools] offers a phenomenal program that provides students and staff an opportunity to challenge themselves, develop relationships with others, practice the skills of empathy and support, set goals and develop character traits that will hopefully stay with them througout the years."
- “I love working with them and I am a very loyal customer.”
- “Their staff is very qualified, patient and positive. They are great role models to our kids.”
- “Their staff is very responsive and receptive… and really good at assessing the qualities of each group.”
- "I was especially impressed with how patient (the instructors) were with the students and how engaging they were. They treated the kids with respect and made everything really clear and we all had lots of fun. They were wonderful overall and gave the kids a lot to think about and reflect on back at school.
- “[NYC] Outward Bound is more expensive than others, but I know I’m paying for the expertise of the staff and a very meaningful experience.”
- “The creativity put to work for this program is priceless.”
Daily News Ranks WHEELS #20 in Best Schools List October 15, 2014
InsideSchools Review Lauds BCS October 3, 2014
NYC schools reviewer InsideSchools lauds our Brooklyn School for Collaborative Studies for its outstanding college readiness programs, individualized approach to learning, restorative justice practices, and ability to meet the needs of a significantly high number of students who receive special education services.
PBS American Graduate Day Features Our Crew Program September 30, 2014
PBS' American Graduate Day featured NYC Outward Bound Schools' Crew program as a model for developing strong adult-student relationships. Crew Advisor Craig Dorsi and student Nubia Blake of our Channel View School for Research were featured alongside NYCOBS alum Meg Riordan of our partner in teaching, Expeditionary Learning.