Some of the most important lessons are learned outside of the classroom.
Drawing upon Outward Bound’s nearly 80 years of preeminence in experiential education, NYC Outward Bound Schools offers a range of Adventure & Team Building programs for students and educators. These programs strengthen community, belonging, collaboration, reflection and leadership.
Take a look at our current offerings
Full-Day Community-Building: Community Connect
This 5-hour program builds on the half-day experience and is centered around a participant-directed learning exploration that allows students and staff to build a sense of belonging within their school community, collaborate with one another, take initiative, and exercise ownership over their learning.
Half-Day Community-Building: Crew Connect
This 2.5-hour program helps foster relationships among participants and create a stronger sense of belonging within and connection to their team or Crew.
This 2.5-hour program helps participants step out of their comfort zones and develop focus, commitment, tenacity and trust as they scale the tallest outdoor rock climbing wall in New York City!
Why Work With Us?
- 100% of our 2019 clients said that they would hire us again.
- 100% of our current clients answered “definitely” to the statement “Our program met our specific goals and needs.”
- Our safety record is second to none.
- All programs are can be modified based on the client’s desired outcomes.
- Our skilled course directors have extensive training in youth development and facilitation, and are experienced in designing and delivering programs that cater to the needs of each client.
- Programs are offered year-round.
- We work with students in grades 6 – 12, as well as teachers, college students, and youth workers.
Typical Participant Learning Targets:
- I can be an effective team member by participating fully in the activities to the best of my ability.
- I can share and practice the responsibilities of leadership and followership during group challenges.
- I can communicate effectively by offering my own ideas and listening to the ideas of others.
- I can build trust by relying on my group, or members of my group.
- I can reflect on my experience and think critically about how it applies to my everyday life.