- Register Now: One More Opportunity to Attend Community-Building Webinar
Building Community in the Blended & Remote Learning Environments
We invite you to join us on Tuesday, October 6, 4 – 5:30 p.m. EDT
Back by popular demand, NYC Outward Bound Schools is offering its webinar “Building Community in the Blended & Remote Learning Environments” once more this fall, following August’s sold-out session. Learn best practices from school support experts who successfully helped shift in-person community-building models and practices into the virtual space. Increase engagement and connection in your classes, and brainstorm how technology can solve new challenges. Adapt your classroom discussion protocols to a virtual learning environment, and develop new norms for collaboration and communication.
Join the NYC Outward Bound Schools’ Select Strategies team for an interactive webinar that will cover all this and more, giving attendees the tools to build community across blended and remote learning environments. This webinar is open to school leaders, educators, advisers and anyone who is interested in promoting community among students.
The webinar will include:
- Strategies for building classroom community both virtually and in person/in a blended learning environment.
- Research on how a sense of academic belonging positively impacts student outcomes.
- A full hour of interactive initiatives and best practice sharing with other NYC educators.
Attendees will also leave with a comprehensive, ready-to-use toolkit containing:
- Practices and structures that set the stage for success.
- Community-building activities.
- Access to online tools for academic engagement and discussion.
The teacher-student relationships that NYC Outward Bound Schools helped us build pre-pandemic became the cornerstone of the work we did going forward.Veronica Coleman
Principal, Kurt Hahn, a NYC Outward Bound School