- FAFSA guide
- List of college closures
- List of CUNY service updates
- CUNY continuity for students
- CUNY online student user guide
- These user guides provide useful information on how to get the most out of Blackboard.
- SUNY health alert update
Virtual Learning/Working Resources
NYC Outward Bound Schools Resources
- Best Practices for Virtual Project-Based Learning
- Effective Virtual Team Meetings
- Zoom & Google Hangout/Meet
Online Learning Tools
- EL Education
EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum: a comprehensive, standards-aligned curriculum, including the K-2 Skills Block, available online as an Open Education Resource. (If you are currently using the curriculum, check out this detailed guidance for virtual learning).
Models of Excellence: the world’s largest digital library of high-quality student projects includes information on how to create projects in and out of the classroom.
EL Education Resource Library: a searchable library of EL Education’s high quality instructional resources on implementing our Core Practices.
Videos about Crew: a subset of the 288 videos available through our website.
Leaders of Their Own Learning: a bestselling education book full of strategies to help students take responsibility for their own learning.
- NYC Department of Education Learn at Home
- Coronavirus Resources: Teaching, Learning and Thinking Critically – New York Times
- Illustrative Mathematics
- Zearn math
Articles for Reference
- Helping teachers and students make the switch to remote learning – Microsoft 365
- Distance learning solutions – UNESCO
- Resources for learning at home when schools close – TNTP
- Nonprofit resources for remote work during the COVID-19 outbreak – TechSoup
- 40 best educational podcasts in 2020
- Tips to stay healthy while working from home – Entrepreneur
- Give us 7 days, we’ll help you get your work done – New York Times
- Tips on cultivating tiny habits for personal transformation
- NYS Coronavirus hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- NYC food pantries
- Food and Nutrition Service guidance on human pandemic response
- Emergency funds for NYC undocumented youth and families during COVID-19
Physical & Mental Health Resources
- Coronavirus data pack
- Coronavirus racism infected my high school – New York Times
- Coronavirus anxiety toolkit
- Five ways to view coverage of the coronavirus – American Psychological Association
- Parent/caregiver guide to helping families cope with coronavirus – National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Responding to children’s emotional needs during times of crisis – American Academy of Pediatrics
- Self-compassion break – Greater Good in Action
- How to protect yourself from coronavirus when grocery shopping – Consumer Reports
- Managing anxiety and stress during coronavirus – CDC
- Need to Talk? COVID-19 resources
- How to protect your mental health during ‘social distancing’ – TalkSpace
- Prompts and exercises for introspection
- Good News Network
- 7-minute workout
- 20-minute yoga for teens
- Boost your immune system – New York Times
Technology & Hardware Needs
The following organizations are offering free software that can be used for virtual Crew and other student/staff meetings:
- Enterprise car rental update
- With colleges announcing campus closures in response to coronavirus, Enterprise will reduce the age minimum and waiving the young renter fees for rentals through May 31, 2020.
- U-Haul storage
- U-Haul will extend 30 days of free self-storage at U-Haul-owned and -operated facilities to help college students impacted by unforeseen schedule changes at their universities.