Remote Learning Best Practices: NYC Outward Bound Schools Community Members Reflect on Teaching and Learning in New Ways
Join this free webinar on September 22, 2020 from 4-5pm EDT
The beginning of this school year is like no other we’ve experienced. Combat the sense of uncertainty, fear and frustration you may be feeling by listening to the collective experiences of NYC Outward Bound Schools community members, including students, a teacher, a parent, and a School Coach as they reflect on:
- The valuable lessons learned while teaching and learning remotely last spring
- What they’re planning to do differently this fall to make school less stressful and more productive
Our panelists include:
- Amanda Rivello, 12th grade student at MELS in Forest Hills, Queens
- Jah-ni Fleary, Sophomore at BMCC College and alum of Kurt Hahn in East Flatbush, Brooklyn
- Marcia Ward-Mitchell, parent of a 7th grader at Launch in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
- Camille Hendricks, 7th grade Social Studies teacher at Launch in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
- Paco Hanlon, School Coach at NYC Outward Bound Schools
The panel will be moderated by NYC Outward Bound Schools staff member, Hannah Read, and New Leader, Jaclyn Mommen.
Register for the webinar:
This event is hosted by NYC Outward Bound Schools and inspired by its New Leaders. Learn more about the New Leaders.
While this event is free, and times are tough for many, we encourage donations to NYC Outward Bound Schools so that we can continue to provide valuable support and events like this for our community.