When: Thursday, August 5 and Wednesday, August 18 in New York City.
Cost: $300 per participant
For more information, contact:
Jessica Bardy, Director of Business Development
Office: (718) 706-9900 x130
Mobile: (917) 575-7400
Train the Trainer Workshop: Community-Building
NYC Outward Bound Schools can help you bring effective community-building practices and activities back to your own school. We’ll help two of your teachers or staff create a program that is student-centered and focused on their SEL needs.
In this one-day, in-person professional development session, participants will learn how to:
- Articulate the purpose and goals for a community-building program.
- Plan and implement a sustainable and impactful community-building day at your school.
- Utilize SEL-based best practices in your facilitation.
- Incorporate activities that are connected to SEL competencies and SEL-measured indicators.
- Utilize common Outward Bound facilitation practices including briefing, debriefing, norms, sequencing and more.
- Build a program that is suited to your school’s individual needs.
- Access NYC Outward Bound Schools’ community-building day resources and planning tools.