Train the Trainer Workshop: Community-Building
NYC Outward Bound Schools can help you bring effective community-building practices and activities back to your own school. We’ll help two of your teachers or staff create a program that is student-centered and focused on their social-emotional learning (SEL) needs.
In this one-day, in-person professional development session, participants will learn how to:
- Articulate the purpose and goals for a community-building program.
- Plan and implement a sustainable and impactful community-building day at your school.
- Utilize SEL-based best practices in your facilitation.
- Incorporate activities that are connected to SEL competencies and SEL-measured indicators.
- Utilize common Outward Bound facilitation practices including briefing, debriefing, norms, sequencing and more.
- Build a program that is suited to your school’s individual needs.
- Access NYC Outward Bound Schools’ community-building day resources and planning tools.
Pricing: $300 per participant
Browse our other programs:
Half-Day Community-Building: Crew Connect
This 2.5-hour program helps foster relationships among participants and create a stronger sense of belonging within and connection to their team or Crew.
Full-Day Community-Building: Community Connect
This 5-hour program builds on the half-day experience and is centered around a participant-directed learning exploration that allows students and staff to build a sense of belonging within their school community, collaborate with one another, take initiative, and exercise ownership over their learning.
Mid-Year Community-Building Check-In: Reconnect & Reflect
This 2-hour program involves activities that help participants reflect on how their team or Crew has grown and evolved together throughout the year.
For more information or to book a program, contact:
Jessica Bardy, Director of Business Development
Office: (718) 706-9900 x130
Mobile: (917) 575-7400