Join Our Crew!
Join our team and help transform schools and change lives throughout New York City, ensuring that even more students have access to a challenging, supportive, and revolutionary public education.
We are looking for dynamic, driven professionals to join us in our administrative office, in our network of small college-preparatory schools, and in the field providing adventure and team building programs.
View Open Positions
Our Hiring Process
- Application: Submit your resume and cover letter via our application portal.
- Introductory Phone Interview: speak with a recruiter to learn more about the role and ensure that you and NYC Outward Bound Schools are a good fit.
- Interview with hiring manager: Take the conversation to the next level and share more about your skills and experience while learning more about the team you’ll be working with.
- Job-Related Task: A small assignment that will give you a taste of the work you’ll be doing. (Varies by role.)
- Panel interview with hiring committee: We’ll host you at our office for an in-person interview with the hiring committee.
NYC Outward Bound Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin or disability.
Our vision is of an organization that promotes diversity, mutual respect, openness, and trust where we feel safe to openly share our work, dialogue on our practice, and where we are empowered to serve our students to the very best of our ability. We aspire to create a safe and supportive organizational culture that promotes quality work, commitment to excellence, and interconnectedness. We strive to embody a growth mindset by focusing on the process of achieving our goals while consistently seeking opportunities for improvement. And we operate with one unifying motto: “We are crew, not passengers.”
Our Schools are Hiring!
Interested in working in one of our schools? Check out open positions by clicking below. Please note: each school has its own individual hiring process. For additional information about open positions and the hiring process, please reach out to the school directly.
NYC Outward Bound Schools offers eligible staff members an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
Staff members receive a competitive salary commensurate with their education and experience; medical, dental, and vision insurance with a considerable employer contribution (ranging from 80%-100% of the total cost), generous PTO and Sick Days, an employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) account, an optional Flexible Spending Account (FSA), commuter benefits, employer paid Life Insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings plan with a 100% vested employer match after one year of service, and much more.