NYC Outward Bound Schools is offering two community-building sessions in July — 101 for educators who are new to leading advisory or team-building, and 201 for educators who are more experienced.
These sessions are open to ALL NYC educators. Both educators who have participated in our professional development before as well as those who haven’t will find this experience useful.
Lunch, snacks, and a light breakfast will be provided. CTLE credit is offered!
Community Building 101
July 11, 9 am – 3 pm
- Ideal for participants who are new to facilitating Crew, advisory and/or team building activities
- Focus is on learning the basics of facilitation and group development, experiencing some basic activities, and giving participants practice time with one another
- Participants will leave with written documentation of what was covered for later reference
Community Building 201
July 12, 9 am – 3 pm
- Ideal for participants who have some experience facilitating Crew, advisory and/or team building activities
- Assumes participants know the basics of facilitation
- Focus is on introducing participants to new, slightly more complex activities, along with how to frame and debrief them
- Practice time less emphasized than in Community Building 101
- Participants will leave with written explanations of activities so they can reference them later and turnkey them with their colleagues
Both programs will be held at NYC Outward Bound Schools’ offices in Long Island City, Queens (29-46 Northern Boulevard).
The cost is $300 per participant, and can be paid by schools or by individuals.
Registration ends July 6. If you register and need to cancel, please notify us within 72 hours of the workshop to get a full refund.
For more information on programs for educators, contact:
Badari Ambatti, Director of Client Relations
Office: (718) 706-9900 x125