Social Justice Issues Related to COVID-19 Pandemic Choice Board
Browse the below categories to find a social justice issue that speaks to you. Learn more and gather ideas about how you can help support these causes.
Fight xenophobia and racism around the origin/spread of the virus
Help combat the increase in racist and xenophobic attacks against Asian Americans.
Spread facts and promote healthy behavior to prevent spread of COVID-19
Make sure everyone in our communities has accurate information about COVID-19.
Increase participation in the US Census
Now that face-to-face education regarding Census participation can no longer happen, online advocacy is more important than ever.
- “Everyone Counts” campaign, from the Brennan Center for Justice
Increase voter turnout
Given stay-at-home orders, voter registration efforts have gone virtual. How can you make a difference in the upcoming election?
- Resources needed to start a voter registration drive, from National Voter Registration Day
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities, from Rock the Vote
- Engage in activism related to voting rights, from the ACLU
Earth Day was April 22, but don’t limit your actions to just one day!
- “Climate Art for Congress” campaign, from The Climate Museum
- Digital Earth Day activities, from EarthDay.org
- Earth Day at home, from EarthDay.org
- 11 Actions for the Planet Now, from EarthDay.org
- Use Coronavirus to Reset Your Life for Sustainability, from Earth911
Due to the costs to New York City during the pandemic, schools are facing massive budget cuts.