Crew Resource: Remote Learning Reflection
I can reflect on my experience as a remote learner.
Overview of the Activity
Reflecting regularly helps us learn from our challenges, celebrate progress, and continue growing. On a separate piece of paper:
- Write a list of your successes and challenges with remote learning.
- What support did you give/receive? What support do you need?
- Use the mood meter to describe how you feel after reflecting on your successes, challenges and supports with remote learning.
- What are one or two things from the article that you would like to try out this week? Be prepared to discuss how they went the following week.
- Multi-day lesson that can be repeated
- Consider how you will help participants learn/review the mood meter
- Consider sharing article in advance for participants to pre-read and annotate
- Minimize the number of tabs open by posting an image of the mood meter and copying the text of the article onto the same document
- What skills are you developing as a remote learner that could serve you beyond high school (in college, masters, Ph.D., technical programs, work)?
- Use the mood meter at the end of each remote learning day. What have you learned yourself as a remote learner?
- Alternative article – Teaching Through a Pandemic: A Mindset for This Moment, Edutopia